Thursday, July 3, 2014

Two guys, a girl and a pizza place

More like two men, a woman and Macaroni Grill.  I was supposed to meet my good friend André for our ‘senior dinner’ at 5PM sharp.  This has been our way of catching up and still allowing us to get home at a decent time for family obligations.  Andre’s been a good friend for several years.  We met at work and immediately connected.  He’s the sort of intelligent, mature, respectful and thoughtful friend anyone would be fortunate to have.  He’s a great sounding board, gives great advice, especially about men, and is extremely generous.  I don’t think I’ve paid for a meal in years – I’m really not cheap; he just won’t let me.  Then he had to cancel…almost at the very minute that my old friend Roberto was texting me to see if I was free after work!  Tadaaa!  I love it when this happens!  Roberto is from Brazil and was my little brother’s first roommate.  We also went to church together.  I have great memories of hilarious conversations in Portañol (Portuguese and Español), fun trips and outings wherever we could think of after church on Saturday nights.  Since then we’ve shared other not so fabulous things like simultaneous divorces, kid and dating issues, etc.  Roberto is just one of those people who loves life, isn’t afraid of anything, and exudes confidence – in everything he does.  Today I give thanks for my two good friends.  It doesn’t matter how much time goes by between our dinners, I know they’re in my heart constantly and they are lovely to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment