Sunday, July 6, 2014

My Will


My gift from heaven.  I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember the waves of intense emotions, the incredible sensation of something so great, so powerful and at the same time so humbling, quite unlike anything I had ever felt before - instant, total, complete and overwhelming love and attachment.  I remember thinking that I wanted to celebrate, I wanted to party and didn’t know how from my hospital bed.  I also remember the bond and the almost-immediate worry and thinking in that very moment that I would kill or die for him.

He was born with a perfect little reddish mohawk and the softest pink lips which I kissed over and over.  I stared at him for hours on end.  I examined every inch of his little body marveling at the beauty of a flawless creation.  I loved kissing his toes and fingers and holding him so close to me as if to never let go.  From that moment on, it stopped being about me.  Completely.  And I was happy to oblige in exchange for the joy that this little being brought into my life. 

My little gift from heaven is now an intelligent, strong, energetic and handsome 15 year old.  His hair is dark and has seen a mohawk on a couple of occasions.  He’s way taller than me now and has been for many years; no more cuddling.  On rare and good days I get a hug and sometimes a little peck on the cheek.  He enjoys showing me muscle over muscle as he stares in the mirror.   Yes, he is a teenager with ALL that comes with it, but he’s still and will always be my special gift from heaven. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment