Monday, November 17, 2014

The Beauty of a Throw

I’m in love with the impressive ‘magic throws.’  They’re all the rage.  You know which ones they are.  Super soft throws that are velvety, warm and snuggly.  Regular old blankets cannot compare; and they give a kick in the pants to the ratty looking snuggie!  These throws are as soft and silky as can be and come in a myriad of colors, designs and sizes for babies, children and adults.  There isn’t a store that isn’t carrying some kind of throw or blanket in the new microfiber, microlight, silk touch plush, super soft cable knit, sherpa-lined, velour plush, elegant fleece, or my new favorite - luxe faux fur.  You get my drift!  Just throw one of these on and you’re in a toasty heaven that can lull you to sleep faster than all the tryptophan in your Thanksgiving dinner.  Right now I have two in my car and three in my house.  There’s one for every taste and even the most discriminating person can find a beautiful throw to fit their need and personality.  So, why are they so popular?  I have a theory.  You know how small children have security blankets?  Throws are really adult blankies.  Maybe this is a stretch, but for me, the minute I come in contact with it I immediately feel comfortable, warm and safe.  The first thing I do nowadays when I get home is sit or lay on my bed and grab my little pink throw.  I’m definitely attached! 

So thankful for little luxuries.  As my dear son likes to tell me, ‘it’s the little things.’ 
KEEP CALM AND GRAB A BLANKET COZ ITS TOO COLD!!! Poster

1 comment:

  1. You are sooooooooooo right! I have a beautiful expensive quilt, but it doesn’t do the trick!

    ReplyDelete