Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Machine


I lovingly nicknamed him The Machine because he is big and tough and very handsome; with very classic and conservative good looks.  He took care of me and the kids for almost 14 years.  He took us everywhere and I always felt safe with him.  He was more reliable than anyone I knew.  No exaggeration.  My kids both loved and trusted him.  We made many trips with him; the children falling asleep on him, comfortably and tenderly.  He was a constant and a friend.  Never minded the number of friends and family members that came along on our outings.  Many times we were a huge party.  Last year we had to give him a break.  He was still strong and rugged, but not so handsome anymore.  The years had gotten to him.  With his mileage at 265,000 I felt it was time.  But believe it or not, The Machine is still going strong.  He has served me and my siblings on many ‘moving’ occasions and on emergency backup vehicle times.  He’s still parked in my driveway, our friend, The Machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment