Friday, August 29, 2014

Going Dark

I have a real need to go hang out and relax and enjoy a fun three-day weekend away.  I really want to let go of my life at home for just a weekend.  The problem is that I can’t let go of the communication.  I would have to tell so many people in my family, my friends, my church family, and others that might contact me, that I’m going dark.  But I think the real problem is not them; it’s me.  I don’t know if I’ll be able to stand being incommunicado for three days.  Whenever I experience something good I want to share it with those I love.  I’ll want to tell someone in my family what I just saw, what I just did, or what awesome restaurant I found.  I’ll want to send my Will a cool picture of something he might find interesting. But grateful for the long weekend; with or without contacts!

No comments:

Post a Comment